We have a variety of treatments for your specific needs
Medical massage focuses on a particular medical diagnosis as part of the physician’s treatment plan, and can be recommended for a variety of maladies, including carpal tunnel syndrome and migraines. It applies the various massage techniques already in practice to achieve several client-specific medical goals.
Patients can undergo medical massage as a part of a larger physical therapy regimen for numerous chronic problems. From an employee who suffers from back or neck pain while sitting down, to an athlete who pulled a muscle while playing a sport, the practice uses general massage methods to cure localized problems. Training within the field can include trigger point therapy, as well as stretching.
Benefits of medical massage therapy
The specific benefit of medical massage therapy depends on the condition that is being treated. However, benefits of the therapy can include:
- Releasing sore and tight muscles that can cause a lack of blood supply to soft tissues and hypersensitivity to touch; known as Ischemia
- Relieving nerve entrapment and compression
- Deactivating Myofascial trigger points
- Decreasing pain and inflammation
- Improving circulation and alleviating stress
- Aiding digestion
- Improving flexibility and range of motion
- Calming the nervous system
- Improving coordination and posture
- Helping prevent future chronic pain conditions